SimDragon's Journal

Friday, April 27, 2007


I'm once again at the point where I don't know if it's worth continuing in Rotaract. I am just getting so sick of it all - the Rotary politics, the frustration at my club not functioning as well as it ought to after all this time... It's been 9 very long years of seemingly getting nowhere, and I just don't know how much longer I can keep it up.

Marcos headed over to Sydney today for DRR training. This has been my first night alone with the little one. It has certainly given me an added appreciation for single mums. Although I spend most of the day alone with Ariana, it does make a difference to be able to enlist Marcos' help when he gets home in the evening.

I have a long list of things to do tomorrow while my parents are looking after Ariana. I will have to try to avoid the desire to just sleep!

I've been trying to get the Rotaract articles for the next Rotary Down Under completed, but although I set a deadline of April 16th, I have too little to work by to get very far. I have so much on this weekend that it's going to be hard to finish it now - with luck I can finish as much as possible tomorrow night... providing the information I am waiting on comes through.

As it is, it's after midnight now. I'm not particularly tired now, but Ariana wakes up around 6:30 am, so I better head to bed so that I'm more or less alert when she wakes me up!

Home