SimDragon's Journal

Monday, April 23, 2007


Argh... I had just about finished a post here last week, when my session crashed and I lost it all. That will teach me for using IE rather than my trust, preferred browser - Opera. I don't know what I was thinking.

The past month and a bit since I last gave an update here has been extremely busy.

The little one is growing extremely fast. Ariana is now 5 months old! We haven't taken enough photos of her this month... I have a nice movie of her to upload to her site, but everything else I have so far is online. She gets around quite a lot by rolling, and she is teething again... poor mite. Her teeth haven't quite come through yet, but they are so close! She doesn't scream with pain so much anymore, she just cries and wants to be cuddled, drools everywhere, and munches on whatever is at hand (preferably, my knuckle).

I have been very busy working on my Sound Therapy Perth website. I launched it last week, though it isn't 100% finished yet. I have a lot of research that I am in the process of tracking down and sorting through. Being able to back up claims is important to me, and I think it will be an important part of the site. I've made a start to that section of the site, but it will be some time before I can consider it finished.

The other big thing we have been doing is trying to work out what we are going to do house-wise. We did start looking at houses, but the ones we looked at in South Lake were either in really bad neighbourhoods (in terms of the neighbours), or had huge transmission lines right behind the house. *sigh* We also looked in Yangebup - which absolutely stank! Ewwwwwwwww. Shame, because the location was very convenient. In the end, we decided to can the whole house-hunting idea, especially since it's not likely we would be successful procuring a loan until Marcos' next visa is approved, which may not happen until after June. We're intending now to continue renting, possibly moving somewhere cheaper (or at least bigger so that we don't have to pay for self-storage as well), until we move to Rosneath Farm.

Speaking of Rosneath, we made a 2nd trip down there yesterday, and picked the site of our future home. We're not landowners yet, but we have reserved one of the lots - Lot 8. Very exciting! At the moment it is all bushland (it is going to be a shame to bulldoze some of it - we hope to keep as much of it as possible). We will have one immediate neighbour on Lot 7, so it will be very tranquil. And there is a gorgeous valley behind. Another nice plus - there are a number of kangaroos living there. We saw 2 yesterday, which Marcos 
was extremely excited about - the first wild kangaroos he has seen reasonably close up. I can't wait to be able to move there!

Marcos is heading to Sydney on Thursday for DRR Training. He will be back on Sunday. It will be lonely without him! I have quite a busy weekend coming up, so the little one and I won't be alone all that much. Still, we are going to miss him a lot!

Home