SimDragon's Journal

Friday, September 08, 2006


The Asia Pacific Regional Rotaract Conference (APRRC) in the Philippines last week was brilliant! I enjoyed my time there immensely. There was absolutely no cause for mum to be concerned about me travelling at this stage of the pregnancy - if anything, I felt *better* there than here: with the warmer weather and different diet, I actually had less back pain, leg cramps, and heartburn! And Filipinos are such great hosts - they really know how to look after a guest well!!

I've applied for a rental property within walking distance of work - a townhouse on the corner of Broadway and Edward St. While it's a little smaller and has less storage space than the place in Belmont, it does have 2 undercover car bays, and it is in an area I feel more comfortable in. The rent is more than I was looking at, but then again, if I can cancel my parking permit at work and save on petrol it will more or less even out, I guess. No one else has applied for the property, so it just remains to be seen whether or not they will allow me to have a cat or not. Juliet is a good little cat, so I hope that it won't be a problem.

Had another check up with the obstetrician today. I'm at 6 1/2 months already! All is going well - baby is very active and growing well. It will be nice to be in my own place, hopefully in a couple of weeks, so I can start getting things ready for his / her arrival, and see what else I need to get (a washing machine!!!). I guess I need to start looking into the ante-natal classes offered at St John of God Subiaco, where I am booked in to have the baby, as there isn't that long to go really!

Got a lot to catch up with home, especially Rotaract things. I need to start training more people up to take over a lot of the things I do.

Well, that covers just about everything for now. Time to wander over to the guild and get a frappe... it does wonders for heartburn. :)

Home