SimDragon's Journal

Monday, July 31, 2006


Well, Big Brother is over for another year. Congratulations to Jamie for winning - a Perth boy, yay!!

I'm feeling very unsettled. I feel completely in stasis... living with my parents, apart from Marcos. My mother treats me like a 2 year old - she doesn't appear to think that I can do anything at all for myself, even though I lived away from home for 9 years, and it is driving me up the wall. She is completely shattering my confidence, and I just want to get out of here, even though financially things are not so stable with maternity leave coming up in a few months.

Buying a house is totally out of the question (I still want to move to Rosneath at some stage, in another 18 months or so?) so I am now looking at renting. I had originally thought of moving in October, but I now plan to move ASAP. I'm looking for a place less than $150 / week that allows pets, that has at least 2 bedrooms, and isn't an apartment on a higher floor than ground (to allow for Juliet going outside and to be able to get my furniture inside!), and that is not on a major road. It really limits the options! There are a few I have my eye on, but with those requirements, most of them are well away from the city... Armadale, Thornlie etc. The ones closer by (Wembley & Scarborough) are all apartments, generally on higher floors. I was hoping to get something close to UWA, but there is nothing - then again, this is not a good time of year to find accommodation near UWA (though Curtin appears to have a lot). Once I hear back which ones allow pets, then I guess I will start checking them out. At that price, there is not going to be much that is really nice, and nothing with 3 bedrooms, but beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

I've started my next Spanish and Flower Essence classes. They are both slow going! I wouldn't mind a faster pace! I need to give Paramount a call and withdraw from Biochemistry, and see how close they reckon I am to finishing the Cert IV in Massage (by my reckoning, I'm done, but I've had to redo a lot of things with Paramount, grrrr.. it just wastes more time and more money!)

I miss Marcos dreadfully. It's even harder to deal with the things that are upsetting me here when he is on the other side of the world. I wish the Department of Immigration could give us some indication of when they will approve the visa! It would be nice to be able to plan things, especially with the baby being here at the end of November! I've put a lot of things, a lot of decisions, on hold until we find that out.. and I'm starting to realise that I could run out of time. I really hope my baby won't take after me and arrive 6 weeks early!

Home