SimDragon's Journal

Saturday, April 08, 2006


Work has been slow this week...

I've completed the bulk of the overhaul of the ROTI website; I have a couple of quick new pages to do and one more ASP page to rearrage so that it has the same look and feel, but aside from that, it's pretty much done. Yay! Now I can start a new web project... ;)

I've run out of books in english to read again, unless you count Web Development references. I bought latest SitePoint book on JavaScript, which I have started reading through. Since I've been using JavaScript for a good 6 years or so, I thought I would be skipping large parts of the book, but I have been pleasantly surprised that the book is aimed at a decent technical level and completely separates the javascript from the HTML, so I have been learning useful little tips right from the first chapter (though I have also been submitting some errata I have found). :) I've stopped reading it for now as I want to test out some of the new ideas on some existing JavaScript code I have written, but haven't got around to it yet.

Heading to Uruguay this weekend. A minibus load of us are leaving at 2am tonight, getting to Young, Uruguay 7am ish... no time for sleep, just straight into a full weekend of District Assembly. Ugh. An exchange student from the USA, Maggie, is going with us as well, so if all else fails, I can talk with her, I hope!

I'm tired now. :p Hopefully I will get a few hours sleep later this afternoon to help offset the lack of sleep tonight...

Home