SimDragon's Journal

Saturday, April 29, 2006


It's been a while since I've posted anything here... I just haven't felt like sitting in front of my computer for hours on end lately, which is rather unusual for me! So the email I ought to answer / deal with is banking up, and I haven't done much on the ROTI website of late...

I'm feeling a little at odds with my decision not to continue my natural medicine studies much further, as I still want the knowledge... I do want to know how to look after my own, and my family's, health as best and as in tune with nature as possible. For example, I've been thinking lately, if there are things pregnant woman can't take / do or should avoid, like x-rays, antibiotics, alcohol, caffeine etc, because of the harm it does to the unborn child, why is it ok for the rest of us, including children (in the instance of antibiotics and xrays, or say caffeine in coke) to be subjected to those harmful things on a regular basis? I guess I will just have to buy a lot of books, and do a lot of reading. I'm all for finding healthier alternatives that are safe to use anytime.

There's about 6 more weeks until I head home, which is a bit sad. It will be strange to be back in Australia after being away for so long. I started wondering last night how much has changed. I think one of the buildings at UWA will be partially demolished by now, and wonder how many other changes will have taken place that I won't have seen happen gradually, and how much of a shock it will be to see the familiar landscape changed.

Home