SimDragon's Journal

Friday, February 17, 2006


I uninstalled Skype the other day because their customer service sucks. You can read the full rant on my companion website, Vote 1 Simone Benevolent Dictator.

I'm working on my Rotaract club's website again. It's been about 8 months since I last worked on the overhaul. I started looking at it again yesterday. I was going to overhaul it, and then start playing with PHP, but I decided what the hell... let's start playing with PHP on the website *now*...

So far I've updated about 3/4 of the previously overhauled part of the site using PHP. Nice!!! So far, so good!! It will make the code even leaner (I'm aiming to use 1/2 the disk space the site currently takes up by the time the overhaul is complete). I hope to finish the PHP upgrade to the existing pages tonight... then I will sort of be where I was back in May last year... err....

I do aim to finish the site in the next couple of weeks. I'm embarrassed about (a) how old the old site looks now (websites do date quickly graphic wise!) and (b) how out of date the information is (last updated Sep 2003... oops...) I don't have all the images here that I want to use, but that's a minor issue I can sort out when I return to Australia. The important part is getting the site looking nicer and updating the information! I'm happy with how it's going now... I just need to stop tweaking the pages I have already worked on, and start moving across some of the other old pages...

Home