SimDragon's Journal

Thursday, January 12, 2006


It's hard to believe I've been in Argentina for a month already. It certainly doesn't feel that long! The time is going by way too fast.

It's now been over one year and one day since Scott and I moved to separate houses, so I can now legally apply for divorce. I have the paperwork with me here in Argentina, and had planned to get my signature witnessed as soon as the year + day had passed... but I've since found out that it's not just a matter of going to a public notary here and asking them to watch me sign and then sign it themselves... I have to get the whole document officially translated into spanish so the notary is fully aware of what it is they are witnessing. It's not enough to tell them it is a divorce application - they need to be able to read through it themselves.

So we've tried to contact some official translators over the past few days... and haven't managed to get a hold of a single one. *sigh* So it looks like the process is going to take a little longer than I had anticipated. My father commented that there's no rush, really, but it would be nice to finally close that chapter of my life and be able to move on.

Home