SimDragon's Journal

Sunday, October 09, 2005


Feeling melancholic today.

I went to a baptism this morning, for the son of a past member of my Rotaract Club. The only people I knew (other past Rotaractors, all younger than me), all had babies or were expecting babies. It was very odd to be there, alone, childless, amongst them. I would have liked to have started a family before I turned 30. That's not going to happen. :p At least none of my close friends have babies, yet...

Still feeling unmotivated about my work and naturopathy studies. I'm unsure what to do about it. I think I am getting a bit burnt out, with having taken too much on. I can handle it, but I am choosing not to right now... I want to enjoy life, and not be tied down to studying in all the spare time that I'm not working. Still, the semester will all be over in 2 months... on the one hand, it will be over before I know it. On the other hand, I don't feel like I will get everything done in time, particularly my herbal medicine assignment, as I only have 30 of 50 herbs so far. :S I'm not sure how I am supposed to track down 20 more... though I have a back up plan - the Sun Moon & Star, where I can get dried leaves of just about every herb imaginable, if not the whole plant. Maybe I ought to plan a trip there on Tuesday, and get some just in case... :D

I'm also having a bit of a crisis of faith over my rock, Rotaract. Internationally things are wonderful, as usual, but locally, I feel very uncertain. My club is going quite well, but I'm not happy with interclub / interdistrict things that are happening. I feel powerless about it, which I don't like. It's very frustrating. But, it's nothing new, unfortunately.

Well, as much as I would like to spend the afternoon curled up on the bed with Juliet, reading, to forget about it all for a while, I have a Santa meeting in a couple of hours, and ought to get some more studying done (Senior First Aid for the rest of the day, and when I finish that, Spanish)...

Home