SimDragon's Journal

Wednesday, October 05, 2005


Bored.

That's because I'm at work. And as usual, I have little to do, and what I do have is not particularly interesting and certainly not challenging. I am really disappointed that I lost the battle to introduce database driven websites as one of the services we can provide. *sigh*

There is the usual stupidity in Rotaract locally... Kassandra is back. :p Why does no one here want to listen to my advice, based on years of experience, and proven results? If they really want to reinvent the wheel, and waste a lot of time and money, fine, just don't drag my club into it... and don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about!!! I TRAIN internationally about this stuff... and I talk to a lot of other experts around the world, who have also had proven results.

I am always open to new ideas, and to revisiting why I do what I do and seeing if changes need to be made, but I have little patience for newbies who think they know it all, and want to tell me, when my club is continuing to grow, that I know nothing, and they have all the answers, when their club really oughtn't be in existence any more, with no one really turning up... I know who I would listen to... That's why I cut ties with the other clubs here years ago, when they wanted to press ahead with throwing money away on things that didn't work, and wanted to drag my club down with them ... *sigh*

The rest of life is going very well though. ;) My classes start again this weekend, so I am getting back into the swing of studying... :p I really enjoy the spanish, but am struggling to find the motivation to keep on with natural medicine. Perhaps I'm still not on the right career track. Or maybe it is just that the change of college has set everything back more than I anticipated, and having to repeat a lot of classes I had already completed is wearing me down...

I really love the sort of things I do with Rotaract (particularly the big picture, international stuff.. community-building, in particular)... I just need to find a job where I can do that sort of thing too. The only problem is, I don't know what sort of job I could find that does that... Most community service orgs only want volunteers, not paid staff. My search a year or so ago yielded no viable jobs in that sort of field. So I'm not really sure where to look. I would love to create my own work, but I don't have any idea what I could do... Well, I do have a grand idea, it's just making the time to work on it (definitely when I am in Argentina!) that is the problem...

Home