SimDragon's Journal

Monday, September 26, 2005


It's long a weekend here in Perth, unless you work for a university, like I do...

I didn't have any classes on the weekend, which is a good thing, because I haven't got back into the swing of studying yet. I have holidays for about 2 weeks, which I really need to spend studying / getting up to speed with things. *sigh* On the bright side, I have finally found the motivation to sort through all the stuff I own, and get of it! Yes.. it's spring!!! And I want to spring clean!!!

I'm hoping to have sorted through all the boxes I have in storage before I go to Argentina.. so I have just over 2 months to do that. 2 months!!!! Man!!! Where is time going??? It also means I have just over 2 months to hand over as much Rotaract stuff as possible, and organise anything else I need to do before I go.

Speaking of Argentina, I plan to talk to a travel agent tomorrow. My current plan is to aim for 3 months, but to buy an open ticket, and see what happens. :p On the one hand, my boss is ok for me to be away for 3 months or more... on the downside, while my work is possible to be done from any location, he doesn't want me to telecommute, as that will set a precedent he doesn't want set (ie anyone else in the office deciding they'd much rather work from home from now on). So worst case scenario I will be on leave without pay for most of the time... :S My expenses in Argentina will be minimal, but life goes on at home...

Mind you, it's not so bad, not working for that time... I will have 3 months to do other things (as well as explore life in Argentina) - complete some correspondence courses and websites, and brush up my skills in other areas. It would be really nice to have actually completed all the things I want to (unfinished projects etc) by the middle of next year, and actually have caught up with everything.

The weather is warming up beautifully... I love Spring! I love summer more, but spring is nice, when the rain stops and the sun is warm. :) Spring also means wedding season... I have Ania's hens night this Saturday (Julia's is on too, but I can't make it to both at once :S), then Julia's wedding the fortnight after, and Simon & Ania's the week after that. So... 3 more weeks for my bridesmaid's dress to be completed!! It's funny, October and the end of this year seemed so far away, but now the time really seems to be accelerating! That's good and bad.. good, because I will go to Argentina soon, and bad because I have less time to prepare for going to Argentina...

Home