SimDragon's Journal

Friday, June 24, 2005


My 3 week trip is almost done... it's my last day, and I am killing a little time in the Chicago Public Library before I head to the airport to begin the long trek home.

The past 3 weeks have been among the most amazing times of my life. I have really enjoyed my time meeting Rotaractors from all over the world - some I had met before at other confernces, more I have chatted with or emailed over the past few years, and others are new friends I met for the first time. I have found some kindred spirits, and leaving them to return to Australia is so very, very hard.

Argentina was by far the highlight of my trip. I had so much fun! It was a very intense trip, visiting 3 provinces in 6 days, but it was so fantastic... I think the people in particular are what made it so enjoyable. I regret barely being able to speak Spanish - I definitely need to have a few more months (years!!) of Spanish lessons under my belt before I head back there. And head back there I will... hopefully for a lot longer next time! :)

It has been great not having to worry about work or studies, but I have been worried about my little fluffball, in a cattery for the past 3 weeks. Scott has been in to check on her when possible, and as expected, she is one very, very unhappy little pussy cat. :( She is definitely the main incentive to return home, as much as I would love to continue travelling for a bit longer!

But now, back to the real world... :(

Home