SimDragon's Journal

Saturday, June 25, 2005


Almost home!

I am in Sydney aiport right now, paying a fortune for wireless internet via Telstra, but you get that... I had a 14 hour flight from LA to Sydney, and about 5 hours turn around here (I have another hour and a half to go). It was soooo good to have some toast with vegemite here in the Qantas Club for breakfast!! I have missed vegemite!!! And it is so nice to hear lots of Aussie accents again. :)

I seem to be cursed - on both LAN Chile and Qantas, on the handful of occasions where the seats have the little TV monitors where you can choose movies, games etc, I seem to keep getting a stuffed console!! I could at least watch movies on the flight from Sydney, but all the other options were unavailable on mine (I was hoping to play some games ;)) but were working for others... Oh well! It is possibly a good thing, as I did attempt to sleep. I perhaps managed to get 1 - 2 hours of sleep all up.

After flying American Airlines a lot, it was also nice on Qantas to have the little things like food and headphones included, without having to pay extra for them. The music wasn't wondrous, but there were a couple of really good songs - Anthony Callea's "Prayer" (*swoon* hehe!), and a song that has been one of my favourites forever (ok, since it came out in 1987, which makes forever 2/3 of my life so far)... "Can't Fight This Feeling" by R.E.O. Speedwagon. Some of those lyrics were quite appropriate for the trip actually:

My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you
I've been running round in circles in my mind...


I thought I had already done all the soul-searching and decision making that I needed to make... but this trip showed me that nothing is set in stone. Do I really want to spend the next 2+ years studying? Do I have to remain in Perth always, or might I be open to moving to another city? Another country? What about Rotaract?

What on earth do I actually want anymore???

How viable is it??

What should I compromise on? Should I compromise at all?

I'm not ready to go back to "real life" just yet... there are still too many unanswered questions. Getting stuck back into studies etc is just going to keep me heading down the path I started on last year.

I guess the one thing that does keep getting reinforced is that what I enjoy most is interaction with like minded people, preferably in person. So why do I spend most of my spare time at home alone on my computer?? I LOVE chatting with Rotaractors online etc, but doing things in person just doesn't compare...

Home