SimDragon's Journal

Monday, May 16, 2005


We had quite a storm this morning... Juliet is quite funny with storms. Normally she is extremely timid when it comes to loud noises - she bolts at the slightest sound. But with storms, she is like someone scared witless of horror movies but sits there glued to them anyway. She was sitting at the window watching the rain and lightning, but once it started getting quite intense, she did flee to the other end of the house. Mum keeps the sliding doors ajar, so she has quite a bit of mopping up to do today! I hope the doors will remain closed now - one of them is opposite my computer, and it is quite cold sitting there!

I've booked the fluffball into a 3 week stay at Cat Haven while I am away. She is going to hate it, but there isn't much else I can do, apart from not go away... :(

A burst water main last Friday brought Perth to its knees. It flooded part of the freeway in South Perth, so all traffic had to be diverted. It took me 1.5 hours to travel 6 km home (and that was west, not south!) when it would normally take 15 - 20 mins in peak hour. I was one of the lucky ones - it took my boss over 3 hours to get home! It was really something to see a sea of tail-lights on every single street. It was very frustrating wasting so much time just sitting in traffic... I'm even keener than even to move out of the city!

Mum has been driving me nuts - we have been having crazy fights about food. I keep asking her not to cook for me, but she keeps doing so anyway. I appreciate that she is trying to help, but she isn't at all!! I don't know how to get through to her. Now I have a dilemma.. I had planned to stay at home now until I finished my studies, so I could save up as much money as possible. But... I don't know if I can last that long with my mum. I can't afford to rent (and certainly not to buy!) another place with my income right now, and I would have difficulty finding somewhere I could take Juliet. I don't want to leave her with my parents... And I don't want to move all my stuff again, and again... I'm very over moving house!! I am planning to go down to Rosneath in July to check it out. I may end up accelerating the move down there, and community up a couple of times a week for college, if I can afford that...

It's all too hard... :p

Home