SimDragon's Journal

Wednesday, May 18, 2005


It turns out that "quite a storm" (in my previous post) was quite an understatement... a couple of tornadoes ripped through Perth and Bunbury!! My sister's office in Applecross had its roof ripped off, and they lost everything in their office as a result... Bicton and Applecross were the worst hit suburbs in Perth; I ought to give Maya and Chris a call to see how their houses were affected...

An experience with the Rotary Fellowship / Project "Digarians" which left a sour taste in my mouth has prompted me to re-evaluate where I expend my energies. I continually try to spread myself too thin, and consequently never seem to find the time to finish the ideas I have for the things that are the most important to me (rotaractnet, my own club, the natural medicine website I want to build etc). I have been aware of this at a conscious level for ages - there have been occasions when I make the decision to reduce outside interests, but I seem to replace them with others, and continue scattering my energies in different directions. I think that is one of the main things with attracts me to move to Rosneath... if I am away from the city, there are less distractions (I hope!!!)

I have made a priority list of the things I want to do, but I'm not very good at sticking to it. ;) Perhaps I have to give some more thought as to why I am still so determined to spread myself so thinly!

Home