SimDragon's Journal

Monday, May 09, 2005


I just received a very worrying phone call from a bank...

I had cancelled the Rotaract District PO Box, and had written to the bank which we have our Rotaract District bank account with to let them know the change of address. Straight forward, no?

They phoned me just now to say that neither Scott nor I, who had signed the letter, were current signatories...

The only problem is... we have both been signing cheques for the past 4 years... and not once has the bank actually checked the signatures and let me know that they weren't valid!!!

We had submitted a change of signatory form 4 years ago. I can't believe it has taken this long to find out that the bank screwed up and never processed the form correctly.

This isn't the first time such a thing has happened... I closed all my savings accounts with banks years ago for precisely that same reason. I now bank with a credit union, and I have never looked back.

Home