SimDragon's Journal

Saturday, April 02, 2005


Been in bed for the past few days with a nasty cold. Blech. I hate this change in weather. A few weeks ago it was 42 deg C; a few days ago it was 19 deg C!! No wonder my poor body is rebelling. My mother loves the cold, so she has all the sliding doors ajar, letting all the cold air come in to the house. Definitely a big down side to not having my own domain anymore. I would prefer to keep all the doors tightly closed, with the heaters on. Poor sick Simi.

Pretty much decided that I will NOT join Rotary once I leave Rotaract. I love the interaction with other Rotaractors, and it would be a shame not to continue that interaction at conferences etc, but the organisation as a whole needs a major revamp. Too many leaders are corrupt / unethical / etc. I think I would just be hitting my head against a brick wall if I tried to change that.. and I have done plenty of that in my life.

I'm instead leaning towards doing some work towards promoting the "New Spirituality" espoused by Neale Donald Walsch in his Conversations with God, by becoming more involved with Humanity's Team. The thing that attracts me is that it isn't a religion, a cult, or a political party or anything like that, but working to truly bring about changes in our culture to enable people to live together, and with the planet, harmoniously.

I'm undecided as to when to step up activity with Humanity's Team, whether to start before or after I leave Rotaract.

I'm off to Sydney tomorrow, for the APESMA Women's Conference. I went to the last Women's Conference 3 or so years ago, and it was *excellent*.

I received a phonecall today to say that I had won 4 tickets to a special screening of Miss Congeniality 2 (yay!)... this coming Monday, when I am in Sydney (d'oh!). Damn!! I did want to see that movie (and unfortunately I have to fly Virgin, so no in-flight entertainment... *sigh*). I have passed the details on to Amber and a friend of mine, who will hopefully be able to enjoy my winnings in my absence. :p

...RIP Paul Hester... what a tragic loss :(

Home