SimDragon's Journal

Tuesday, March 29, 2005


A very welcome 5 day break over easter was dreadfully marred by a lot of spite from the current Rotary leaders in District 9470. I no longer have respect for any of them...

The President of the Rotary Club of South Perth, after having the audacity to turn up to our meeting with 2 Rotarians in tow, one of which (the District Governor) spent a good part of our meeting lecturing us about how we are nothing without our sponsoring Rotary Club, which was way out of line, apparently informed the DG that she is withdrawing sponsorship of our Rotaract Club. She doesn't actually have the authority to do that without the backing of the Board of the club, but that didn't stop the District Governor from announcing the next night that "the Rotaract Club of South Perth won't be around much longer".

I can't believe how childish and two-faced those Rotarians are. They have not been willing to sit down and discuss the issues with us, as adults. Instead they have patronised, belittled, and been downright nasty to us.

Being nasty I can handle - I had to put up with that sort of nonsense throughout my time at school. It's the two-facedness I can't stand, of saying to our faces how much they believe in Rotaract and want to support us etc, and then drive daggers into our backs as they try to shut us down, all the while quoting the Rotary 4 Way Test (an ethical code) at us. They may know the words, but they sure as hell don't appear to know what they mean!!!

Well... I won't stand for it. I have adopted the belief that "all it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing". So I refuse to sit back and do nothing... I'll fight them every step of the way.

They are weak and insecure, but with having to deal with unpleasant people like them all my life, I am strong. I thank them for making me even stronger. The leadership next year doesn't appear to be much better, and I anticipate the district is going to go down in flames. 3 Rotary clubs have already folded this year. I expect more will go next year. Meanwhile, my club has grown 400%. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. They could learn a lot from me if they wanted to. But... it's their loss.

What goes around, comes around...

Home