SimDragon's Journal

Monday, March 14, 2005


My nice, relaxing weekend was marred upon going back to work today, and receiving a phone call from the Armadale Crash Investigation section about the accident I was involved in last October; they still maintain that I didn't report it (which I did within an hour of the accident), and apparently the other guy has reported it as a hit and run with *me* at fault (I was stopped at a give way sign, and he ran into the back of me.. see my blog entries for 1 November 2004), and the police officer I have been dealing with has indicated unless I provide my side of the story I may be charged over the accident!!!

Sometimes I wonder if it is really worth doing the right thing all the time!!

Anyway, deep breaths...

The weekend was nice. The weather was great - 36.6 degrees on Sat, no idea how warm it was yesterday but it was pleasant. After Spanish on Saturday I met a friend in South Perth for coffee & a chat, then went to Pops in the Park that evening - WASO with Ben Folds. I'm not a Ben Folds fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed the concert!

Yesterday was World Rotaract Day, so a couple of members of my Rotaract Club and I had lunch with a Rotaractor from Argentina who is over here on Group Study Exchange. Then I went out to dinner for a friend's birthday.

Still no internet connection at home - I should say no *working* internet connection... I'm certainly paying for a connection, but it doesn't work... I'm about to try Electrician #3 tomorrow to get ADSL set up properly, so I can do away with the useless Telstra Bigpond cable connection I am supposedly using now. In the past 2 weeks I've managed to connect to the internet twice. Not at all impressed.

On a different note, I'm thinking life in an Ecovillage is a way to go. Possibly a medium term goal (after I finish college?) I am particularly impressed with Rosneath Farm. I might go check it out sometime. ;)

Home