SimDragon's Journal

Friday, February 25, 2005


The last few weeks have been quite busy (as is usually the case when I don't post for a while)...

It's O'Day at UWA today. I decided to join the UCC for old times sake. I was a member previously in 1997 and 1998... I was very heavily involved in fact, as Treasurer (both years) etc. When I filled out my name on the form, the guy who was on the stall said , "Oh, YOU'RE Simone"..!! If it was Rotaract, I wouldn't have been surprised, but I was quite impressed that someone had still heard of me in the UCC considering I hadn't been involved at all for 6 or so years!

I'm getting very busy with assignments, which I hope to start trying to get on top of this weekend. They aren't hard, just time consuming (lots of essays).

I'm starting to plan a variety of trips too... DRR training in Melbourne in April (at no cost to me, yay!), the Rotaract Preconvention in Chicago in June, via Argentina and Panama (some cost; home hosting in South America and Panama plus using frequent flyer points to get there helps!)... and I have been invited to a conference in Sydney in April too, also at not cost to me; I will need to talk to my boss and see if I can go or not... I have been appointed the Chair of the Findings Committee for the Rotaract Preconvention, which is great. I prefer to have some sort of role if I go to a conference :)

Home