SimDragon's Journal

Monday, January 31, 2005


What a start to the week... I got done for speeding on the way to work this morning - I was sitting on 60 km/hr. 60!!! Speeding??? If I was doing 60 at this time (9:05 am), it would have been fine. Yesterday it was fine. 8:45 am last Monday it was fine. But today is the first day of school (which is fine if you have kids and you know when school starts), so it was a 40 km/hr zone for about 2 hours. Damn. So I have lost my first demerit point, and will get a $100 fine... Not that I have a spare $100 right now... *sigh*

It's all about revenue raising. If they wanted to do the right thing, don't you think you would get a warning on the first day of school (after a few months of holidays) that you need to be aware of school zones again? But no.. they had 2 cops at this school, one to man the camera while the other wrote out the fines. It wouldn't surprise me if every school had that this morning.

If I was genuinely driving at a dangerous speed, fine. But 60 km/hr!! AND that was before a ciccane, so I would have been driving quite slowly by the time I actually got to the school.

I find it stupid that the concept of "right" and "wrong" keeps getting revised. What is bad now is ok in a few hours time... why??? That doesn't make any sense to me. And if the rules keep changing, it gets very confusing to keep up with what is "right" today.

Home