SimDragon's Journal

Saturday, January 22, 2005


Out of interest, I decided to search on "Rotaract" in Google to see which sites came up towards the top. It's something I haven't done in a while - usually rotaract.org is #1 since most Rotaract sites link to it, then the MDIOs come next... last time I looked (months? years? ago) my own Rotaract sites were quite a way down after the MDIOs etc, so I wasn't expecting to see my own site anywhere up there.. I was actually curious as to whether rotaractnet was listed up there or not...

So imagine my surprise to see the Rotaract Club of South Perth listed at #10!! On the very first page!! The very first club site visible!! As expected, rotaract.org and some of the MDIOs appear first, but what suprised me is that my club's site ranks higher than a number of the MDIOs, higher than any district sites, and higher than all other club sites. Wow!!

My Rotaract District (9470) is about the 4th or 5th district listed, at the bottom of the 3rd page, which is actually incredibly good given that the site is very, very small since South Perth is the only club in the district!! Awesome!! :)

I need to put a lot of effort into updating my club's website, as I am hoping a lot of people will look at it once RYLA has finished.

As usual, so many plans, so little time...

Home