SimDragon's Journal

Saturday, January 22, 2005


I have the house to myself this weekend, and my parents have guests from the USA staying with them and decided to take them down south for 4 days. Yay!!! Juliet is a lot more relaxed without my parents around - I brought her toys in from the garage, and she seems to be enjoying playing with them again. :)

I really appreciate that by living with my parents for now I can save a fair bit of money (well, once my debts are paid off) and that I have fewer reponsibilities, but I do miss being able to do what I want when I want. I've got a fair amount done today - I've been in the mood to catch up with things, and haven't had to fit in with anyone else. :) I've also been able to relax without worrying about it! I know that sounds peculiar, but there is no such thing as relaxing in this house as mum likes to work until she drops, and seems to expect everyone else to do the same...

I have had a case of the "can't be bothered"s though in terms of getting the things done which require leaving the house.. picking up my new monitor, getting some Rotaract brochures out of storage to send to a Rotaractor (Craig) in SA etc... I've just wanted to hang around the house and get organised here. Having said that, I did go out for a little bit this morning - I met up with Richard from my Rotaract Club so that we could post off - finally!!! - a mosaic tile we (the club) created as part of a project organised by a Rotaract Club in Jordan.

Tomorrow morning I am having brunch with my friend Kate at the BookCafe in South Perth, which will be really nice. It's a real pity that I don't live down the road from there anymore, but never mind! I should attempt to find some brochures to send to Craig... they will be in my self storage shed somewhere but since I didn't pack any of the boxes into there, I don't know if they will actually be accessible or not.. I suppose I will find out tomorrow!!

Apart from that, I am intending to spend the rest of the day at home, to continue catching up with things here (there is a LOT I want to do), and hopefully spend a decent amount of time chatting in the rotaractnet chatroom, since I only stayed in there for around 2 hours last week. I'm normally in there for around 5 hours at least; as the moderator, I find that the chats don't seem to happen unless I'm in there, so often I spend more time in there than I would otherwise... still, I enjoy it. :)

For now, I have my music blaring, just how I like it... :) I may as well make the most of these couple of days of freedom!

Home