SimDragon's Journal

Monday, November 01, 2004


Someone ran into the back of my car yesterday when I was on the way to my Qigong workshop... fortunately the accident was quite minor - I was able to drive my car home - but it was enough to throw the rest of the day out.

I didn't end up making it to the workshop - I went home, showed Scott the damage, then he drove me to Cannington Police Station so we could file an accident report. Scott then spent a while on the phone to the leasing company and insurers to find out what they wanted us to do. Today the car will go in to the assessor, and hopefully we will find out how long it will take to get fixed soon.

The main nuisance was that the car is a whole 2 months old... *sigh*

I was actually pretty relaxed about the whole thing.. the guy who ran into me was more shaken than I was. I think if it was my 1st accident I would have been a bit more stressed, but the previous accident I was in - also where someone ran into the back of me as they weren't paying enough attention - was a lot more severe, and that car was written off.. This was a walk in the park by comparison! It helped that as part of the study for my upcoming flower essences exam, I had been trying out the different stress treatments on myself the night before. Boy do they work! :)

On the plus side, I ended up spending more time at home yesterday than I had anticipated, so I got a lot of studying done, and started catching up with some of my email. ;)

I caught the bus in to work today, which takes ages. :( The exercise is good though. :) I will cancel the music lesson I would normally give tonight, as I have no easy way to get out there at this stage, so that will mean more time at home tonight. You win some, you lose some. :)

Home