SimDragon's Journal

Tuesday, November 02, 2004


Gotta love Melbourne Cup Office Sweeps, especially when you get allocated one of the favourites. :) I came out $5 ahead, after Vinnie Roe was one of the 2 horses allocated to me. ;) I managed to catch about 10 minutes of news before work this morning, so was full bottle (read: absolute expert) on which horses were tipped to win...

The day certainly goes by quickly when you have a long lunch which includes a few glass of champagne. Being Tuesday, I joined in the Research Services Melbourne Cup do rather than the Human Movement one, and consequently met some of the Research Services staff aside from the Graduate Research School and Scholarships Office. Very nice. Very amusing stories, especially with the champagne flowing. ;)

Other news... hopefully my car will be taken in to start being fixed up this afternoon. Catching the bus hasn't been too painful, apart from cancelling tutoring etc. *sigh* I will be home for the next 2 days studying, so that's ok, and if push comes to shove I can possibly walk (ride my bike? That's a novel concept...) to my reflexology class on Thursday night, since it's in the next suburb. We'll get there...

PS Highly recommend a foot bath with Pink Triggeplant flower essences.. did wonders last night to relax from "people stress". :)

Home