SimDragon's Journal

Thursday, August 12, 2004


The lack of posts in the past month has not been from a lack of things happening in my life, but because of the complete opposite; so much has been going on that it has been extremely hard to find time to sit down and type a few words here. From the lowest of lows to the highest of highs, it has all happened.

A very brief summary of the last month:

- Found someone to job share with me at last. Moved to working 3 days a week. Unfortunately she was only put on a 1 month contract and has gone again. *sigh* Managed to destroy Outlook on my machine before leaving... not what I had expected to find after coming back from a week's leave. *sigh*

- Discovered our finances were much, much worse than I expected after my car died on the freeway once again, and realised we had to buy a new one... too much money has been "evaporating". Many sleepless nights, and a long overdue talk with Scott later, things are a little better, but still very tight.

- Finished classes (though exams still to come) for term 2. Decided to take a break next term and just work in the clinic and complete a reflexology diploma privately. Not at all impressed with my college anymore, but apparently they are all as bad as each other. Not what I had expected of a "holistic" place.

- Went to Hong Kong for the 1st Asia Pacific Regional Rotaract Conference. Utterly fantastic. Far too short. Returned home 3 days ago, and miss all my new friends, especially the Filipinos, dreadfully.

Now it looks like I will be spending a good part of this morning trying to resurrect the email on my work PC....

Home