SimDragon's Journal

Thursday, August 26, 2004


I'm finally getting the hang of this whole being healthy thing. :) It's amazing what you can do when you start having heart problems...

I haven't touched caffeine in a week and a half. Initially the cravings for coffee were a bit hard to fight, but that seems to have settled down now. I have got back into drinking herbal teas (organic even!), and I do feel a lot better for it. My head is certainly a lot less "foggy".

I have also been on a strict low-fat, low-carb diet where I have to weigh out my food, and have very specific lists of what I can and can't eat. It is time consuming, and a little bland, but I have to admit I am saving a lot of money this way, and I have already started losing weight. I even managed to stick to my guns yesterday and refuse - twice! - the offer of double coated Tim Tams... (mmmm Tim Tams)

I have also been making a big effort to drink my Xango (Mangosteen juice) twice a day, and am trying to remember to take my Oroxine (for an underactive thyroid) regularly too. I've found the regular Xango intake does help my health immensely, so hopefully the combination of all of the above, plus continuing to attempt to get enough sleep, will get my health back to where it should be.

The stress at work in the last day or two has made my palpitations a bit worse, but hopefully the 3 day break from tomorrow will help me relax a bit more again.

Today is Scott's birthday, so we will be going out for dinner... I won't be able to stick entirely to my diet as I'm not going to be able to find anything on the menu that completely ties in with my diet. I guess minor transgressions now and then are ok. :) Just as long as they are irregular occurences, and not minor transgressions every day...

Home