SimDragon's Journal

Sunday, July 04, 2004


I'm still not sleeping well. My financial situation is really, really, really stressing me out. I don't know how much longer I can take it.

Scott earns double what I do. I work 4 days a week, teach music, tutor high school science, sell Tupperware, and study. All of my wages, and more (ie what used to be my investments) pays bills etc - I rarely buy clothes or spend money on entertainment etc.

My wages have decreased this year with studying, as I have reduced my working hours by 1 day for now (and I hope to reduce it soon)... plus now I have to pay for text books etc. Scott's wages have gone up. But I am still paying all the bills etc - absolutely everything except the mortgage and house insurance - without any help from him at all. My credit card is maxed out, and I have really eaten into my investments.

I feel like I am working myself into the ground, both at home and in all my jobs and studies, while Scott wastes money on CDs, DVDs, books, takeaway food (one to three times a day) and clothes, and either bums around at home or goes out to the cinema to watch movies on his own. It seems like half of Scott's wages - that is, what I earn - just evaporates.

I am chronically exhausted, and near a nervous breakdown. I seriously can't keep living like this.

Home