SimDragon's Journal

Wednesday, June 16, 2004


Wow, it has been a while. Needless to say, a lot has happened in the mean time!

The biggest news is that I will be going to Hong Kong in August to attend the First Asia Pacific Regional Rotaract Conference, which should be awesome! I have been invited to be a speaker - I don't know what topic I will be assigned yet, but I am really looking forward to it. I don't know of any other Aussies going, so I could be on my lonesome. That will be quite an experience!

This will be my first trip this year, my first overseas trip in 5 years, and my 2nd time to Hong Kong. The first time I went to Hong Kong I was 8? 10? years old - we spent most of our time in a refugee camp as my parents were working there as Rotary Volunteers, and it happened to be the time a number 10 typhoon swept through, leaving quite a trail of destruction!

Classes this term are really full on... so far I'm managing to keep up, thanks to taking a day off last week to work on assignments etc. I have found someone to jobshare with - yay! - so my hours at work will reduce in July, which will be an immense help too. Ironically, I finally have some more interesting projects at work, but that's the way life goes.

So many ideas, so little time...

Home