SimDragon's Journal

Monday, June 21, 2004


Trying to make lots of health-related changes at once hasn't been working, so this week I have decided to start with one change, stick with that until it has become a habit, and then move on to a 2nd healthy lifestyle change etc. Hopefully this way I will stick with all the changes, rather than trying to do too much at once and giving up after a week.

The first change I have started this week is getting enough sleep. I started yesterday, spending the vast majority of the day in bed. I got up at 1pm to get ready to go indoor rock climbing with my Rotaract Club at 2pm, and I went back to bed at 6pm when I got home.

I could quite happily have spent today in bed as well, but alas I had to work... I do feel so much better for it, even if I didn't get any studying done whatsoever! Trying to juggle the 2 successfully until my work hours are reduced is going to be interesting.

I'm so used to be exhausted all the time - I have forgotten what it feels like to be energised. I look forward to the day when, instead of being told "gosh you look tired", people will say, "gosh you look good!". Methinks there will be many months of changes ahead before that happens though.

It's nearly 12 noon, and I've only had 1 cup of coffee so far. I'm hoping once I have re-established decent sleeping patterns, cutting out caffeine from my diet will be a natural side-effect.

Home