SimDragon's Journal

Monday, April 19, 2004


What a weekend...

I had to post some details yesterday but for some reason my post got lost. *sigh* I can't be bothered retyping everything in again, so here is a quicker run down...

Saturday morning had my 2 anatomy exams. They were about what I expected, so am happy with that. The prac exam was shorter than I expected, so I was looking forward to getting home about an hour earlier than anticipated. That was until my car broke down on the freeway. Again. My car is averaging being towed to Quattro motors about once a year now. Still, it is 23 years old. So I hitched a ride with the tow truck driver, and was intending to walk home from Quattro (takes about half an hour.. I have done that many a time..) but by that time it was approaching 3pm (I had finished my exam at 12!!) and I was starving, so my sister picked me up and dropped me home. The rest of the day was largely uneventful.

On Sunday morning I participated in a car rally along with other Rotaractors in my club. I had got up in plenty of time to have a nice leisurely breakfast beforehand with plenty of time to wash my hair etc before heading out... until my cat waltzed inside with a little squealing guinea pig in its mouth! I rescued the poor little guinea pig - thankfully unharmed, just shocked - and locked Juliet in the laundry. Juliet was not at all happy with this turn of events. I sent Scott out to try to locate the owner of the guinea pig as it was obviously someone's pet. In the mean time, Maya picked me and "chicken" (long story - maybe next time) up for the car rally.

The car rally was good - "Team Chicken" came equal 2nd, which is the best I've ever done in a car rally! So we were very happy with that. I got home to find Juliet had been let out of the laundry (Scott couldn't stand her pitiful meows) but we still have the guinea pig too...

I eventually got a little studying done for my medical terminology exam, coming up this weekend, but between a sulking cat and a frightened guinea pig, it wasn't as much study as I would have liked...

Scott eventually found one of our neighbours knew who owned the guinea pig, so they offered to look after it until they could contact its rightful owners (because we had been unsuccessful).

My car has been fixed - it was "only" the fan belt - so while I caught the bus in to work today, I will be able to drive home tonight. Hopefully that is the end of the dramas for a while...


Home