SimDragon's Journal

Wednesday, April 14, 2004


Argh... I hate the university's network. Or MySource. Or both. Whichever it is that makes my job exceptionally painful...

I could get my web dev work done in a good 1/2 or even a 1/3 of the time it takes me now when it was just me and a local copy of ViM, instead of now having to use this CMS over the internet. More often than not (about every 2nd update) I get a "this page can't be displayed error", thus losing my updates and having to enter them in again.. *grrrr*

It seems to be somewhat ok first thing in the morning, but as the day wears on I find I can only enter in a few words at a time if I want any of the data to still be there when I hit commit. It's utterly ludicrous.

The really big downside (apart from me being utterly frustrated) is that I've learnt the hard way that I now have to double any quotes for work.

Then again, the whole point of the CMS is that the university staff no longer need to pay me to do their web work - in theory they can do the whole thing themselves. What it actually achieves is a whole pile of really awful, unprofessional sites. *shudder*

See why I'm retraining in a new field...

Home