SimDragon's Journal

Tuesday, March 09, 2004


After spending the morning wrestling with annoying tech support things, I've spent the afternoon (and will continue to do so for a few more hours yet) wrestling with an annoying CMS in an attempt to do web work that would take me 1/4 of the time if that if I could hand code the darn thing...

I don't know whether it is the network, the CMS, or both, but it is hellishly slow, especially in the afternoons, and more often than not, pressing commit returns a "this page can't be displayed", and I have to do it again, and again... one friggin change at a time... *sigh* Gotta love trained monkey work... err...

On the bright side, I am getting much closer to finishing the new Life & Physical Sciences website... still waiting on some content (as always) but in the mean time I am tidying up little things like the screwed up code the CMS generates (links it decides to break, extraneous font tags it decides to throw in), and applying the new (blue!) look and feel.

The next step is to mirror much of the content on the Natural & Agricultural Sciences website (how many Universities decide to arbitrarily split their science faculties in half?

I would say "oh well, it keeps me employed", but my contract expires in early May and there has been no talk of it being renewed...

Home