SimDragon's Journal

Tuesday, February 10, 2004


Getting the ignition barrel on my car fixed - again - has ended up costing $900! :S I'm taking the car in for a service next week before my house fills up with Collinses, and that is going to cost at least $500. In the space of a month I will have spent on the car approximately half what it is worth!! Not good. It's time to start thinking about getting a new one...

The weather has been extremely humid the past couple of days - very tropical! We had a light rain fall yesterday for the first time in absolutely ages (we didn' have any rain at all in January). That has created some havoc, particularly with electricity poles catching on fire.

I'm again finding it very hard to drag myself out of bed to come in to work. Going to bed late after staying up studying is one factor; the main thing is that I am finding it so very hard to get the motivation to come in to do really dull work that doesn't require braincells for people who really don't appreciate it. I still don't know if my contract is going to be renewed when it expires in May - the Faculty Manager has said to my boss that he can't guarantee us a job, we have to wait until the contract expires and then see whether they will renew it or not. Yeah right!!! Really makes me want to bound out of bed in the morning...

Home