SimDragon's Journal

Monday, January 12, 2004


So much for that...

The day after I wrote the previous post I ended up in bed not feeling too well. I attempted to go to work on the Monday, but that proved to be a bad idea. I ended up spending around 5 days in bed trying to get well. I'm on the mend now thank goodness, but it's not a good start for trying to adhere to my resolutions!

I attended the orientation for my natural therapies course tonight. Quite a number of students were absent, but from those that were there it was interesting to note the variety of students.

Well, all bar 2 are female, which isn't surprising (though I thought there would be a few more males than that!). What was surprising to me was the average age. I was expecting a fair number of school leavers, but they were in the vast minority! Most appear to be my age or older; some are considerably older.

The vast majority of students are people like me who are sick of the industry they are in and have decided to make a change to an area they are passionate about, where they feel they can make a real difference. So it is going to be a very interesting term!! :)


Home