SimDragon's Journal

Wednesday, December 03, 2003


It has been ages since I have had a chance to write anything here - this bloody Dial-A-Santa project has taken up far too much of my time!

Don't get me wrong - Dial-A-Santa is a tremendous project! It was just never meant to be run - statewide - singlehandedly. A committee is supposed to do it, not a single person... I have practically lived, eaten and breathed Dial-A-Santa for the past two months, more often than not getting 5 hours or so of sleep to get as much done as I can.

A couple of weeks ago a fellow committee member had the audacity to flame me publicly about not getting everything done I had wanted to for the project this year, and accused me of not being able to delegate! She did a marvellous job of proving quite the opposite, when I then asked her to do some things to help, and she handballed them all back to me... charming.

The project is still taking up far too much of my time. I will be soooo glad when boxing day is here!! I will NOT be coordinating the project next year. I am happy to be on the committee, but I am learning to say NO to taking on things I really don't have time for. It has taken long enough!!

I will be starting my new course at AIHM on January 15th, so between now and then I will need to rationalise my time - I have started shedding some responsibilities, and will continue to do that over the next month. I haven't been allowing time for ME amongst everything else I have been doing. Boy is that going to change in the new year!

Home