SimDragon's Journal

Monday, September 22, 2003


The weather is still pretty miserable - it's quite depressing really! Then again, it's not unusual for this time of year. It would be nice if it was a little warmer though!

I can't believe how quickly time has been flying by... yesterday Scott & I celebrated our first wedding anniversary! In some respects it doesn't feel like a whole year has passed, but in many others it feels like a lifetime has gone by.

I drove along Stirling Hwy on Saturday afternoon on the way back from a piano teacher's workshop, and saw 2 wedding parties having their photos taken. It was so strange to think that a year ago, we were in that position!

My parents gave us a voucher for a free overnight stay at the Novotel Vines Resort in the Swan Valley, which we took advantage of yesterday. I had a Rotaract Dial-a-Santa committee meeting in the morning, after which my parents took their "granddaughter" - little Juliet - to stay with them. I saw my parents a few hours later at an information session for the Australian College of Natural Medicine in any case!

By the time I got home and we were ready to head out to the Vines (about a 40 min drive, plus a few stops on the way), we didn't check in until just after 5pm. We had a little wander around the resort to see what there was (nice swimming pool... pity about the rain; tennis courts... pity about the rain...), and had dinner at the restaurant as soon as it opened at 6pm.

It certainly was very quiet out at the Vines; no traffic noises, but also no little pussy cat going "tinkle-tinkle-tinkle" or "thump-thump-thump" (depending how fast she goes racing around the house with her 2 bells on). I slept extremely well, though I did miss my little kitty.

Home