SimDragon's Journal

Friday, May 16, 2003


The new Strict standards compliant version of my site is up! I did add a couple of additional links and gifties while I was at it, but apart from that, there should be little visible change to my site apart from some extra buttons at the bottom of each page. :) I have also removed all traces of rotaract.org from my site *sob*

Next week I will get back to tackling my new Rotaract Graphics Library project, which is reasonably close to completion. I managed to break one of the pages (I'm still not sure how I managed that!), but I should be able to get the majority of it working next Monday. Then, on to overhauling my Rotaract Club's website to start the arduous task of removing every rotaract.org address. I have left that to last in the vain home that Rotary International will see sense and reinstate the service.

I haven't mentioned the loss of rotaract.org here prior to now, but it is one of the primary reasons for such large gaps in between posts over the past couple of weeks. Basically Rotary decided to pull the plug on Rotaract's main communication network, and after discovering this quite by accident in mid / late April since RI didn't even have the decency to let us know they did this, I have tried to let as many Rotaractors as possible know of this (quite a feat, given that I only know rotaract.org email addresses for most of my previous contacts), and to petition RI to restore our network. So far I haven't had any luck, and quite frankly, I'm not expecting them to see sense, but you never know. I'm really not looking forward to manually changing around 100 pages, and then watching all my hard earned SEO practically go down the toilet when my club's site drops out of Google when it next reindexes... *sigh*

As if I needed *more* work to do..!

Home